Akp51v Merch Banner

Stop Editing, Posting, or Obsessing Over Views | Akp51v SMD

I used to dislike it... the act of Editing. And it seemed like a tough task, I remember so. That is why I tried to avoid editing. And to write without any stress, I had stopped worrying about the post view statistics. Why? Because I did not wish to self-regulate my experiments with these words.

Back in the year 2020, I wrote many posts about how I was not interested in editing. And now, I am going to add some sensible aspects to this post.

In the last section, you will find my original blog post. But right now, let me try to explore why I was lazy about editing. Perhaps, this blog post will provide you with some useful insights. So, if believe that editing is over-rated, keep reading.

And even if you love editing, you might wish to take some risks with your content. Now, it is time to see what I am trying to suggest.

Part 1. Editing is so boring - or is it?

You can enjoy an activity such as editing. But your workflow will affect your moods. And this phenomenon is inevitable. You cannot feel fresh and energised every time. Also, your interaction with content is vital for preventing boredom.

The above part could seem like some corporate speech. But if you create your definitions for those words, you will get the full picture. As of 2021, my approach is more nuanced as the following insights.

1.1 | When you edit, be dynamic instead of monotonous.

Yes, this way of rewriting will affect your overall productivity negatively. But if you are not enjoying the process, you run the risk of creating low-quality content. And this principle is valid for any content creation workflow. e.g., video production, Pinterest image design, YouTube Thumbnails, IGTV clips.

From a point of view of a writer, you want to meet your quality standards. But you dream of challenging your readers with novel writing styles.

Thus, you must avoid a mechanical approach towards editing your texts or designs. Because in the short-term, you would get a productivity boost. And in the long run, you might end up insulting your audience or readership.

So, have some experimental fun with your Backspace key or Transparency options.

1.2 | Rearrange your workflows using your favourite media.

Instrumental music helped me through the four years at college. And I might have lost my sanity without my beloved earpods. Because music can guide your soul no matter the loud noises. Or, you can use it to calm your mind amid a high-stress situation.

How can music help you enjoy editing?

Well, you can try to set short sessions of editing. And each session must last for the duration of your favourite soundtrack. This way, you can reduce the chance of feeling tired. So, editing your content won't drain your momentum that easily.

Part 2. My Old Complaints About Editing And Stats

 https://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/mar/04/ten-reasons-to-be-an-existentialist 

After reading the articles mentioned above, I have understood why I feel so empty when I write or shoot videos with a lot of editing. I am not cut for the job of editing again and again. In short, I should serve the power-readers, the power-listeners and the power-consumers or the power-users.

I actually enjoy working on long-duration and depth-driven works much more than living with the stress of 'being always active online'. So, less but thoughtful editing should be my thing.

See, these are powerful media. Blog or Vlog have huge potential to impact many lives. I was helped by the same media at each important stage of my life.

I will continue to enhance my works; but first, I should treat these media with the respect they deserve. As of now, I officially and unofficially quit checking the Views on my Blog and the Subscribers on my YouTube Channel. That's the only way to get the satisfaction of creativity, freed from any fear of judgement or over-editing.

After observing my own interaction with the Analytics tools in Instagram Creator Account or a Pinterest Business Account, I have noticed the following causes of anxiety, insecurity and detrimental effect on creativity.

Worry, Insecurities, Stress and Anxiety rise when we compare our initial performance with the top performers in our field

We love the big things, big numbers and big reputation or huge applause; but we both are not carefully considering EXACTLY how long the other person was in that particular industry. Even if our brain is aware that the other party is way more experienced than us, our heart simply does not listen to the logic.

In this constant self-hypnosis of Comparison, more Comparison and even more Comparison... the way we treat our work, might change in a negative or damaging manner.

Obsessing over something so insignificant and actually absurd, is an invitation to troubles. Imagine what will happen if you or I stop creating, planning, working or learning just because many other people are already at the top.

And yes, all markets appear to be saturated in the terms of the suppliers as well as the diversity of products, services and content.

Tip: PayPal


Written by Akshay KP
Tweets on @akp51v
Fiverr Profile ($30 to $800)

As we are witnessing an unprecedented shift towards 'Industry 5.0', Creativity is destined to grow in value even more and more. Though there are dreams we may expect to achieve before this machine made of the proteins and calcium reaches its final phase, you and I have to stay alert, for the causes of interruptions are many. Let's have some more thoughtfully embraced faith, in order to be more resilient. And welcome to SummaryMaster51v, a tiny little blog of mine.


Keep reading, keep writing. :)

Article Image Design by akp51vc on Instagram


Akp51v Vlogs - My YouTube Channel

Don't Forget to Revisit

More from SummaryMaster51v Dark

Is Substack Rolling Out Twitter-Like Features? Akp51v Explains

Steve Jobs’ Speech at Stanford University - Most Inspiring Quotes

Properties of a Focused Mind

Recruitment Bias - Human Resource Management

Google Domains and the Squarespace Deal - Highlights

Relaxation Improves Productivity | SMD Akp51v

Did Nokia Change Its Logo?

ISRO Introduces FEAST, a Finite Element Analysis Program Made in India

What is the Role of Educational Institutions?