Akp51v Merch Banner

My Phone Was Charging Slow - This Is What I Did | Akp51v SMD

Somewhere around the 27th and 29th of July, 2020, my beloved smartphone could get the Android 10 system update. Yes, it is Samsung's phone and I had bought it 1.5+ years ago; but unlike Microsoft, Samsung doesn't ruin the Software Testing Department. Thus, I will continue to trust Samsung even if we all know those Price Model issues which made Samsung non-competitive.

The system worked normal but I kept receiving the notification that my battery was recharging at the rate of a snail, and I should always use the Branded Charger, which I don't mine since for the Maximum Efficiency at the reasonable Safety Requirements, most people are better off using a Branded Charger. And don't worry about the Branded Peripherals too much. Using a 'Non-Branded' hardware accessory such as the Earphones or Charging USB Cables, OTG devices etc. is not as Risky as the Brands would say. Still, those Other Companies may not be making Safe devices; it depends on the Company Culture, the Price-Tag and the Quality Management System.

Some companies may have low price tag or less popularity and still have a respectable Quality Management; while other companies will rob the Consumer for a mediocre product even if the Consumer had bought something really expensive. That being said, I had to verify this phenomenon (event).

The SummaryMaster51v is in its First Phase... In other words, while nobody has paid me to mention this app, I have found the 'Ampere App in the Google Playstore' helpful for studying the Charging Performance of my Android Smartphones . It is essentially a Blue Icon with a White Circle-like shape. However, always check the 1 Star Reviews and the Privacy Policy, Number of Downloads etc. before downloading any software. It showed me the Minimum and Maximum incoming current in mA (milli-Ampere). Actually I used this app before deciding to buy a new charger for my first Android Smartphone... Galaxy Grand 2 (3G model). That old guy has lasted longer than 4 years and currently, my grandmother uses it to discover brilliant recipes and home-science ideas on YouTube. She has learned some great Gardening tricks and we are working on a Composting Manure (Natural Fertilizer) using the scrap vegetable parts and the other such Wet Waste.

Since no process is 100% precise and no outcome (product, tool, service or output) can be 101% accurate, kindly take these observed readings with a grain of salt... without any statistical or procedural perfectionism.


BEFORE USING GRANDMA'S CHARGER

Ampere took 4 to 20 seconds displaying the following readings which started with 110 mA.

1) Minima varied between 50 mA to 170 mA
2) Maxima varied between 110 mA to 270 mA

As I already had some experience with my older phone, I knew that it should have been between 500 to 1500 mA. ( This range is defined widely and I have no clue about the specifics in case of the newer devices, company Quality Standards, or for modern USB cables and Fast Charging. )


AFTER USING MY GRAND-MUM'S CHARGER ( with her permission! )

The readings started off with 400 mA! Currently the device is charging with a 800 to 1290 mA range of the incoming current. ( And I am dancing... only in my imagination though; I don't dance. Period. )


I am happy. My current smartphone is happy. Don't worry, I will not forget to return this charger to my granny. So, if Ampere or any other similar app provides you with these insights, would to switch the charger? What are your thoughts about the Branded / Non-Branded Hardware items? What should be the minimum charging reading to keep using the cable? Is extremely high charging rate really good and SAFE for the device, battery or the cable? Let's discuss in the comments section.

Tip: PayPal

Written by Akshay KP
Tweets on @akp51v
Fiverr Profile ($30 to $800)

This was a simply casual post, but some serious entries including to the differences between 'work' and 'art', if not the important blessings of written or visualised creative acts, are also present on SummaryMaster51v. Nevertheless, there are posts carrying some comic elements, and then how could one resist the temptation of writing some home-brew good thoughts? While this author is not sure about what to say for a descriptive piece of an exhausting day... amid the unintended consequences of a Resume-based Recruitment Processes, we can only embrace the questions regarding what is that so called 'normal'?


Keep reading, keep writing. :)

Paolo Nicolello on Unsplash


Don't Forget to Revisit